Friday 5 September 2014

haagen dazs ice cream mooncakes.








häagen dazs ice cream mooncakes: $68/box of 4 mooncakes.

What is mid autumn festival without mooncakes? This year is a little special for my family because we have ice cream mooncakes! Over the years, we've been seeing häagen dazs selling their ever so famous ice cream mooncakes. We did not purchase it because we wanted to keep to our chinese tradition of eating traditional and snowskin mooncakes. We've all seen how mooncakes evolve and how it brings people together. Okay, back to topic.  This year, breaking our tradition, my family decided to try ice cream mooncakes. 2 boxes of 4 for $112 + 2 free small tubs of häagen dazs ice cream.  We bought 1 box of assorted mooncakes (macadamia nuts, cookies&cream, chocolate, strawberry) and 1 box of chocolate mooncakes. I've opened up the box of assorted mooncakes and as you can see the outer later of the mooncakes is actually a chocolate coating. I personally dislike chocolate so this was quite a disappointment for me. The chocolate coating was quite hard. It took me quite a while to cut the cookies&cream mooncake. The mooncake is largely made up of cookies&cream ice cream. In the middle, there is mango ice cream. It looks like the egg yolk we see in those traditional mooncakes. There is a crispy layer at the bottom of the ice cream. The taste is MARVELLOUS. After a bite of the mooncake, the taste that lingers in my mouth is indescribable. It feels as if I have just eaten a snowskin mooncake. The mooncakes are quite worthy and good, but I personally don't really like it as there is too much chocolate. Chocolate lovers will totally love it. I bought this at a fair in takashimaya. They have lots of delicious mooncakes! Hurry down before the fair ends!